5/21/2006

Student on Negotiation (Lee)

We all have people with whom we have to work to get
things done. Our ability to communicate with clients,
customers, subordinates, peers, and superiors can
enhance our effectiveness or sabotage us.In this class
I find some ways to increase my communication skill in
leadership and negotiations.

I negotiate with people all the time but I never
realize I can improve my negotiation skill anytime.
Such as friends negotiate where to have dinner,
Negotiation is not a process reserved only for the
skilled diplomat, top salesperson,or ardent advocate
for organized labor;it is some thing that everyone
does almost daily.sometimes people negotiate for major
things like a new job,other times for relatively minor
things,such as who will wash the dishes.Now I always
try to negotiate little things to improve my negotiation
skill.

Sometime people fail to negotiate because they do
not recognize that they are in a bargaining situation.
By choosing options other than negotiation,they may fail
to identify a good opportunity and not achieve their goals
or they may not manage their problems as smoothly as
they might like to.People may also recognize the need
for bargaining but do poorly because they misunderstand
the process and do not have good negotiation skills.
I should be well prepared to recognize negotiating situations:
understand what the process of bargaining involves;know
how to analyze,plan,and implement successful negotiations:
and perhaps most important,be able to obtain better
negotiation oytcomes than before.

Golas.strategies,frames,and predicatable stages set the
background for an effective planning process.Again,as we
noted,there are a number of different planning templates,
which tend to emphasize different elements in slightly
different sequences.nevertheless we have tried to present
the most important steps in the planning process.Effectively
attending to each of these steps should allow a negotiator
be very well prepared for the challenges that he or she
is going to face in playing out strategy and meeting the
other party.

During this 6 days study,I think I already know something
about negotaation.I'll improve my negotiation skill in
every little thing.

No comments: